Similar to laser and light therapies, radio frequency therapy uses energy to make the skin tight and firm. Where the treatments differ, however, is that radio frequency therapy uses electrical impulses rather than light to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Along with this, radio frequency therapy treatments are able to penetrate deeper into the skin treating the elastin and collagen within whereas lasers and light therapy focus more on the surface of the skin.
Benefits of Radiofrequency
There are many benefits of radiofrequency therapy for your skin:
- Increases collagen production
- Increases hyaluronic acid production
- Tightens the elastin in the skin which in turn tightens sagging skin
- Helps contour face along the jawline and cheekbones
- Can help reduce pore size
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- May reduce fat cells in face and other parts of the body
- Can be used on other parts of the body as well like the arms, stomach, legs and neck to tighten sagging skin and reduce fat.
Where can Radio Frequency Treatments be Used?
Radio frequency treatments can be used on many areas of the body such as:
- loose skin under your chin and chin wrinkles
- loose skin on stomach
- sagging neck and jowls
- loose arm skin
- pretty much anywhere you have skin
Radio Frequency Treatments
Radio frequency is a completely non-invasive and pain-free treatment. Most radio frequency sessions are anywhere from 20-45 minutes and involve an esthetician or other skincare professional applying a radio frequency device to different areas of the skin. The RF device will begin to emit electrical impulses and heat which act to boost collagen and hyaluronic acid production and tighten elastin fibers throughout the skin. If you are experiencing discomfort from the heat always let your esthetician know so they can adjust the temperature accordingly.
Some may experience slight redness of the skin after treatment, but other than this, RF treatments come with zero downtime making them a great addition to any facial. While results can appear after just one treatment, most doctors recommend between 8-10 treatments for best, long term results.
Facial Lounge provides a radio frequency treatment called Forma Facials. In this non-invasive procedure, your esthetician uses a wand that will contour, tighten, and firm your skin; stimulating the creation of new collagen and improving your skin's elasticity.